Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chicken Velvet Soup


This soup is so creamy. I'm really happy to finally be blogging one of my favorite things in the world to make. This soup is relatively easy, and you can whip it up in a relatively short amount of time. Yes, everything about this soup is relative. I even got the recipe from a relative: my brother, Terry. Thanks, Terry! He makes it better than I do, but this isn't his blog.

Prep time is 15-20 minutes, once you have the stock prepared and the chicken ready. Though I sometimes use canned chicken, this is especially tasty with grilled chicken.

Ingredients:
1/3 C butter
3/4 C flour
6 C chicken stock (can use bouillon)
2 C cream (or milk/cream combination of your choice)
1-1/2 C chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
1/2 tsp salt
white pepper


Melt butter.


Add flour. Stir until blended.


Add 2 C hot stock and cream. Cook slowly until thick, stirring continuously.


Add remaining stock and chicken.


Season with salt and pepper.


Serves about 6.

Printable version

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...