Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

From the kitchen of Carol Berlin



Whether you call them chicken enchiladas or enchilada casserole, this seems to be a favorite of many people. My husband has been asking me to make this dish for a while, and I finally had the ingredients to do it.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pt sour cream
3-1/2 C shredded cheddar or Monterery Jack cheese
12 tortilla shells, flour or corn
1/2 C onion, chopped

Grill chicken. Shred or dice.



Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease large baking dish.

Set some cheese aside for top. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, cheese, and onions in large bowl.



Heat tortillas until flexible. Place 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of mix in each tortilla. Roll filled tortillas and place in baking dish.

Pour remaining mix over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.



Top with sour cream and fresh salsa.

Variations:
  • Cooked broccoli
  • Green onions
Printable version

3 comments:

  1. What could you sub for the cream of chicken soup? I know that's a tall order, but I'm still on the no preprocessed foods diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Vicki. Let me look into that. I've made enchiladas with a red sauce before that doesn't use canned soup, but it's been a long time. I'd have to see if I can find that recipe and post it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, check out this recipe and see if you can use it:

    http://southernfood.about.com/od/ingredientsubstitutions/r/bl90911a4.htm

    It sounds like a great substitute. I'll probably blog it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...