Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fresh Raspberry & Blueberry Ice Cream


If you ask my favorite ice cream flavor, I would say "Mom's homemade vanilla." Yup, I know, it sounds really boring, but I love my mom's homemade vanilla ice cream. So why am I blogging about berry-filled ice cream? Because it combines my mom's basic vanilla with my two favorite berries.

And it turned out better than I imagined.

Ingredients:
5 eggs, separated
2 C whipping cream, whipped
2-1/4+ C sugar
dash of salt
1 can evaporated milk (12-13 oz)
2 tsp vanilla
2 C raspberries
1 C blueberries


Whip cream until stiff.


Separate eggs.


Beat egg white until stiff.




Add sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff.


Beat yolks.


Add salt, vanilla, and milk. Combine whipped cream and egg whites.


Fold into yolk mixture.


Puree berries.


Pour mixture and berries into ice cream freezer.



Add milk to mark on can (usually 2-1/2" from top). Freeze as directed.


When done freezing, put in freezer safe container to cure for at least one hour.

We tried some after it had been setting for 15 minutes. Tasted great, but didn't have the right consistency. See.


It was much better an hour later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...