Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chicken, Potatoes, and Carrots with Mushroom Gravy


Ingredients
8 chicken thighs
1 Tbl olive oil
Ground black pepper to taste
3-4 dashes onion powder
3-4 dashes paprika
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 C sour cream
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 tsp dried dill weed
3-4 sliced potatoes
3 large cubed carrots
1/2 lbs. sliced fresh mushrooms



Brown chicken in oil over medium heat.


While meat is browning, cut up potatoes and carrots.


Place browned chicken in 9x13" greased baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper, onion powder, and paprika to taste. Cover with potatoes and carrots.


Combine mushroom soup, sour cream, onion soup mix, lemon juice, and dill weed. Add mushrooms.


Pour over chicken and vegetables.



Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until chicken is tender and sauce is brown.


One Crazy Girl's notes: Next time, I won't brown the meat first. It was good, but I think the meat will be more tender if it isn't browned.


Printable version

Chicken Thigh on FoodistaChicken Thigh

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful dinner suggestion, I can so make this, thanks, I am looking forward to trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,that looks fabulous!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this chicken thigh widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for chicken thigh,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Looks like a real heart meal. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! Will definitely try it with your suggestion of not browning the chicken first. I'm assuming you add the sour cream to the mushroom soup mixture? Didn't see it anywhere in the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Anonymous! I did miss that ingredient. I've updated the post and the printed version of the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is soo good. I will try at home.Thanks for sharing.
    ধাবার স্টাইলে চিকেন

    ReplyDelete
  7. An important functions of your kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to perform related tasks including dishwashing.farberware pressure cooker instructions

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.farberware pressure cooker instructions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...